Sharesmagazine
 Home   Log In   Register   Our Services   My Account   Contact   Help 
 Stockwatch   Level 2   Portfolio   Charts   Share Price   Awards   Market Scan   Videos   Broker Notes   Director Deals   Traders' Room 
 Funds   Trades   Terminal   Alerts   Heatmaps   News   Indices   Forward Diary   Forex Prices   Shares Magazine   Investors' Room 
 CFDs   Shares   SIPPs   ISAs   Forex   ETFs   Comparison Tables   Spread Betting 
You are NOT currently logged in
 
Register now or login to post to this thread.

THE TALK TO YOURSELF THREAD. (NOWT)     

goldfinger - 09 Jun 2005 12:25

Thought Id start this one going because its rather dead on this board at the moment and I suppose all my usual muckers are either at the Stella tennis event watching Dim Tim (lose again) or at Henly Regatta eating cucumber sandwiches (they wish,...NOT).

Anyway please feel free to just talk to yourself blast away and let it go on any company or subject you wish. Just wish Id thought of this one before.

cheers GF.

MaxK - 03 Dec 2013 10:16 - 33578 of 81564

from the comment section of the above article, sums it up.


dandann
• an hour ago




On ECHR - Dave says he's powerless
On immigration - Dave says he's powerless
On energy prices - Dave says he's powerless
On the extradition of foreign criminals - Dave says he's powerless
On EU control over our everyday lives - Dave says he's powerless.

Is it really the case that David Cameron - our democratically elected Prime Minister - is THAT powerless to do ANYTHING?

If so - then why would anyone even bother vote into 'POWER' this POWERLESS excuse of a man - or come to think of it any LibLabCon candidate if they are so 'POWERLESS' to do anything? Why should the British people vote for any of the 'POWERLESS' LibLabCon - if they are 'POWERLESS' to address the major issues and concerns of the British people.

Vote UKIP - leave the EU and get our POWER back.

Haystack - 03 Dec 2013 10:33 - 33579 of 81564

They would vote for Cameron because the comments above are untrue.

Haystack - 03 Dec 2013 10:34 - 33580 of 81564

Update - Labour lead at 6
by YouGov in Politics
Tue December 3, 2013 6 a.m. GMT

Latest YouGov / The Sun results 2nd December - Con 32%, Lab 38%, LD 10%, UKIP 12%;

MaxK - 03 Dec 2013 10:43 - 33581 of 81564

What comments are untrue?

Haystack - 03 Dec 2013 10:54 - 33582 of 81564

Post 33580

Cameron is doing a pretty good job. Don't forget he is in a coalition. If people want a better Conservative government then give him a majority.,A vote forbUKIP is a completely wasted vote as they can't get any power to do anything.

cynic - 03 Dec 2013 10:55 - 33583 of 81564

probably any comments coming from any politicians mouth! :-)

goldfinger - 03 Dec 2013 15:42 - 33584 of 81564

Ohh sttop fantasising Hays.

Hes useless.

Ask John Major.

MaxK - 03 Dec 2013 15:48 - 33585 of 81564

Is Boris setting out his stall prior to a takeover?



Romanian and Bulgarian immigrants should wait a year for benefits, says Boris Johnson

EU nationals will have to wait three months before claiming any benefits, then only be able to claim for six months. After that, they must prove they have a realistic chance of employment





By Georgia Graham, Political Correspondent

10:56AM GMT 03 Dec 2013







Romania and Bulgarian migrants should have to wait a year before they claim benefits in the Britain Boris Johnson has said.


Last week David Cameron announced that Bulgarians and Romanians will face new rules limiting their ability to claim benefits when restrictions on their working rights end on January 1, 2014.


EU nationals will have to wait three months before claiming any benefits, then only be able to claim for six months. After that, they must prove they have a realistic chance of employment.


However Mr Johnson, the Mayor of London, said that the Government should go further by stopping migrants claiming until 12 months had passed in order to give young British workers a “fair suck of the sauce bottle.”


Speaking on LBC Radio’s Ask Boris programme Mr Johnson said: “I think you could go for six or 12 months.


More electioneering here: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10490700/Romanian-and-Bulgarian-immigrants-should-wait-a-year-for-benefits-says-Boris-Johnson.html

aldwickk - 03 Dec 2013 15:58 - 33586 of 81564

Lee Rigby trial

Do we have to have a long costly a trail when everybody knows they killed him ? Why can't the sentenice be decided by the judge or/with a pannel of legal experts

goldfinger - 03 Dec 2013 16:06 - 33587 of 81564

Spot on Alders. Spot on. Makes me sick these 2 have ANY rights.

tyketto - 03 Dec 2013 17:32 - 33588 of 81564

Justice must be done and be seen to be done.

doodlebug4 - 03 Dec 2013 17:48 - 33589 of 81564

Oh, absolutely tyketto and God forbid anyone would say otherwise, but personally I think these two should be sentenced now and let us stop messing about with a costly trial. Just another example of political correctness in this country which is totally stupid. Hopefully they will both, eventually, be sent to an open jail and their bits will be gradually cut off by their fellow inmates.

MaxK - 03 Dec 2013 17:52 - 33590 of 81564

Fred1new - 03 Dec 2013 20:03 - 33591 of 81564

goldfinger - 04 Dec 2013 08:12 - 33592 of 81564

By Tom McTague

'Catastrophic' back-to-work scheme for families gets just 720 people back to work - out of 88,000
3 Dec 2013 07:00

Bungling ministers spent almost £8million trying to find people from the nation's most troubled families a job

A flagship back-to-work scheme for troubled families has been dismissed as a “catastrophe” after a Government watchdog savaged its failings.

Bungling ministers spent almost £8million trying to find 88,000 people from these families a job - but managed to get just 720 off the dole.

This left taxpayers with a £10,000 bill for each person helped into work on Iain Duncan Smith’s scheme.

The Work and Pensions Secretary had set a target of getting 19,832 on the scheme into work.

But a damning National Audit Office report found the “families with multiple problems” programme was missing this target by 96%.

Under the scheme the Government pays private companies to get those from troubled families off benefits.

But Mark Serwotka, the general secretary of Whitehall’s Public and Commercial Services union, said the poor results also showed that giving work to private firms was “fantastically misguided”.

He said: “It’s difficult to see the DWP programme as anything other than a catastrophe for the vulnerable families who deserve our help but are being let down.

“First with the work programme and now this, private companies are proving themselves incapable of providing the kind of complex, dedicated support necessary, despite the hundreds of millions of pounds of public money being funnelled their way.”

The Government has estimated that troubled families cost taxpayers around £9billion a year.

Some £1billion a year is spent tackling mental health and drug abuse - and a further £8billion on social care, crime fighting and court costs.

Alongside Mr Duncan Smith’s failing scheme to help these families into work, the Department for Communities and Local Government has set up a separate programme to turn around their lives in other ways.

Communities Secretary Eric Pickles launched his “troubled families” programme at the same time as Mr Duncan Smith - with a budget of £448million.

But the National Audit Office said both schemes - designed to help 120,000 families in England - were underperforming.

Amyas Morse, head of the NAO, said: “These innovative and ambitious programmes are beginning to provide some benefits but elements of both are underperforming.

“This is the result of poor co-ordination between the departments when designing and implementing their programmes and of the risks taken in launching the programmes quickly.”



Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/back-to-work-scheme-families-multiple-problems-2877384#ixzz2mUXiMpUo
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

goldfinger - 04 Dec 2013 08:23 - 33593 of 81564

Please sign the Petition......

Parliament: Debate UK hunger and rise in foodbank use #jackspetition

Petition by
Jack Monroe
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/parliament-debate-uk-hunger-and-rise-in-foodbank-use-jackspetition

MaxK - 04 Dec 2013 08:34 - 33594 of 81564

There's nothing wrong with private companies providing services to the gov back to work scheme.

The problem is in the "non performance" of these companies.

Whoever awarded these contracts should be sacked and have their gold plated pensions cancelled.

goldfinger - 04 Dec 2013 08:56 - 33595 of 81564

I D SMITH for the chop then.

here here.

MaxK - 04 Dec 2013 09:22 - 33596 of 81564

yep, smiffy and the crew behind him.

goldfinger - 04 Dec 2013 09:28 - 33597 of 81564

Cant stand her from Liverpool, that blonde bird.
Register now or login to post to this thread.