goldfinger
- 09 Jun 2005 12:25
Thought Id start this one going because its rather dead on this board at the moment and I suppose all my usual muckers are either at the Stella tennis event watching Dim Tim (lose again) or at Henly Regatta eating cucumber sandwiches (they wish,...NOT).
Anyway please feel free to just talk to yourself blast away and let it go on any company or subject you wish. Just wish Id thought of this one before.
cheers GF.
MaxK
- 03 Dec 2013 15:48
- 33585 of 81564
Is Boris setting out his stall prior to a takeover?
Romanian and Bulgarian immigrants should wait a year for benefits, says Boris Johnson
EU nationals will have to wait three months before claiming any benefits, then only be able to claim for six months. After that, they must prove they have a realistic chance of employment
By Georgia Graham, Political Correspondent
10:56AM GMT 03 Dec 2013
Romania and Bulgarian migrants should have to wait a year before they claim benefits in the Britain Boris Johnson has said.
Last week David Cameron announced that Bulgarians and Romanians will face new rules limiting their ability to claim benefits when restrictions on their working rights end on January 1, 2014.
EU nationals will have to wait three months before claiming any benefits, then only be able to claim for six months. After that, they must prove they have a realistic chance of employment.
However Mr Johnson, the Mayor of London, said that the Government should go further by stopping migrants claiming until 12 months had passed in order to give young British workers a “fair suck of the sauce bottle.”
Speaking on LBC Radio’s Ask Boris programme Mr Johnson said: “I think you could go for six or 12 months.
More electioneering here:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/10490700/Romanian-and-Bulgarian-immigrants-should-wait-a-year-for-benefits-says-Boris-Johnson.html
aldwickk
- 03 Dec 2013 15:58
- 33586 of 81564
Lee Rigby trial
Do we have to have a long costly a trail when everybody knows they killed him ? Why can't the sentenice be decided by the judge or/with a pannel of legal experts
goldfinger
- 03 Dec 2013 16:06
- 33587 of 81564
Spot on Alders. Spot on. Makes me sick these 2 have ANY rights.
tyketto
- 03 Dec 2013 17:32
- 33588 of 81564
Justice must be done and be seen to be done.
doodlebug4
- 03 Dec 2013 17:48
- 33589 of 81564
Oh, absolutely tyketto and God forbid anyone would say otherwise, but personally I think these two should be sentenced now and let us stop messing about with a costly trial. Just another example of political correctness in this country which is totally stupid. Hopefully they will both, eventually, be sent to an open jail and their bits will be gradually cut off by their fellow inmates.
MaxK
- 03 Dec 2013 17:52
- 33590 of 81564
Fred1new
- 03 Dec 2013 20:03
- 33591 of 81564
goldfinger
- 04 Dec 2013 08:12
- 33592 of 81564
By Tom McTague
'Catastrophic' back-to-work scheme for families gets just 720 people back to work - out of 88,000
3 Dec 2013 07:00
Bungling ministers spent almost £8million trying to find people from the nation's most troubled families a job
A flagship back-to-work scheme for troubled families has been dismissed as a “catastrophe” after a Government watchdog savaged its failings.
Bungling ministers spent almost £8million trying to find 88,000 people from these families a job - but managed to get just 720 off the dole.
This left taxpayers with a £10,000 bill for each person helped into work on Iain Duncan Smith’s scheme.
The Work and Pensions Secretary had set a target of getting 19,832 on the scheme into work.
But a damning National Audit Office report found the “families with multiple problems” programme was missing this target by 96%.
Under the scheme the Government pays private companies to get those from troubled families off benefits.
But Mark Serwotka, the general secretary of Whitehall’s Public and Commercial Services union, said the poor results also showed that giving work to private firms was “fantastically misguided”.
He said: “It’s difficult to see the DWP programme as anything other than a catastrophe for the vulnerable families who deserve our help but are being let down.
“First with the work programme and now this, private companies are proving themselves incapable of providing the kind of complex, dedicated support necessary, despite the hundreds of millions of pounds of public money being funnelled their way.”
The Government has estimated that troubled families cost taxpayers around £9billion a year.
Some £1billion a year is spent tackling mental health and drug abuse - and a further £8billion on social care, crime fighting and court costs.
Alongside Mr Duncan Smith’s failing scheme to help these families into work, the Department for Communities and Local Government has set up a separate programme to turn around their lives in other ways.
Communities Secretary Eric Pickles launched his “troubled families” programme at the same time as Mr Duncan Smith - with a budget of £448million.
But the National Audit Office said both schemes - designed to help 120,000 families in England - were underperforming.
Amyas Morse, head of the NAO, said: “These innovative and ambitious programmes are beginning to provide some benefits but elements of both are underperforming.
“This is the result of poor co-ordination between the departments when designing and implementing their programmes and of the risks taken in launching the programmes quickly.”
Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/back-to-work-scheme-families-multiple-problems-2877384#ixzz2mUXiMpUo
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
goldfinger
- 04 Dec 2013 08:23
- 33593 of 81564
Please sign the Petition......
Parliament: Debate UK hunger and rise in foodbank use #jackspetition
Petition by
Jack Monroe
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/parliament-debate-uk-hunger-and-rise-in-foodbank-use-jackspetition
MaxK
- 04 Dec 2013 08:34
- 33594 of 81564
There's nothing wrong with private companies providing services to the gov back to work scheme.
The problem is in the "non performance" of these companies.
Whoever awarded these contracts should be sacked and have their gold plated pensions cancelled.
goldfinger
- 04 Dec 2013 08:56
- 33595 of 81564
I D SMITH for the chop then.
here here.
MaxK
- 04 Dec 2013 09:22
- 33596 of 81564
yep, smiffy and the crew behind him.
goldfinger
- 04 Dec 2013 09:28
- 33597 of 81564
Cant stand her from Liverpool, that blonde bird.
MaxK
- 04 Dec 2013 09:40
- 33598 of 81564
I was thinking the civil servants who put the package toghether, you know, the ones with Rolls Royce brains.
Fred1new
- 04 Dec 2013 09:41
- 33599 of 81564
GF,
She is a cheese grater.
=
MaxK - 04 Dec 2013 08:34 - 33596 of 33599
There's nothing wrong with private companies providing services to the gov back to work scheme.
The problem is in the "non performance" of these companies.
Whoever awarded these contracts should be sacked and have their gold plated pensions cancelled.
========
The same could have been applied to many of the state owned enterprises.
Royal Mail.
Making a profit for friends in the city!!!!
--------
What is the National Debt at the moment?
Chris Carson
- 04 Dec 2013 09:49
- 33600 of 81564
Fuck off Fred! Knobhead, you were quick enough to make a few bob yourself on RMG shares. Sour grapes cause you sold too soon? Hypocrite!
aldwickk
- 04 Dec 2013 10:06
- 33601 of 81564
Chris
" Fuck off Fred! Knobhead "
That's a good summing up of what 95 % of poster's on here think of him apart from goldfinger and Stan [ 5% ] ?
Chris
Try playing 30 minute games, i notice that when am playing even short games of 15 minutes, that when your opponet gets in trouble they dissconet from the game to go on chat to get help from their friends or a chess computer.
Chris Carson
- 04 Dec 2013 10:16
- 33602 of 81564
ald - Not cricket eh, no it's chess :O) Those guys must be pretty sad to cheat at chess. Bit like golfers who cheat, at the end of the day only cheating themselves.
goldfinger
- 04 Dec 2013 10:29
- 33603 of 81564
Chris have you got your rubber kecks on ready for tonight. Reckon 3-0 to UTD.
OUR Davey has got your lot mapped out and frightened.
Ill be thinking of you when Im eating my prawn sannys in the box. he he.
Chris Carson
- 04 Dec 2013 10:45
- 33604 of 81564
gf - Bring it on! I do hope dithering davie "THE CHOSEN ONE" plays Fellaini and Ferdinand 2 fuck ups in one :O) Seriously mate big game for both teams a disgrace it's not live! In Martinez we trust! If Van Persie plays I would be concerned (slightly). Noticed the Moysiah is a bit concerned about the reaction to him from the Everton fans. All I can say to him is RELY ON IT! May the best team on the night win (as long as they are in blue) Will be listening intently to the commentary on Radio 5 Live and the chant I'm looking forward to is "Moyesy, Moyesy what's the score Moyesy what's the score?" 50,000 plastic mancs choking on their prawn sarnies! :O)