goldfinger
- 09 Jun 2005 12:25
Thought Id start this one going because its rather dead on this board at the moment and I suppose all my usual muckers are either at the Stella tennis event watching Dim Tim (lose again) or at Henly Regatta eating cucumber sandwiches (they wish,...NOT).
Anyway please feel free to just talk to yourself blast away and let it go on any company or subject you wish. Just wish Id thought of this one before.
cheers GF.
goldfinger
- 02 Nov 2014 21:28
- 48985 of 81564
2,700 Disabled Ex-Remploy Workers STILL Looking For A Job
Posted by Steven PreeceDate: October 30, 2014
Most disabled ex-Remploy workers are still out-of-work and looking for a job, according to a new report.
A new report from the GMB union found that over 2,700 disabled ex-Remploy workers are still looking for a job, a year after the final Remploy factories were forced to close.
Remploy closed its three remaining factories in Blackburn, Sheffield and Neath in October 2013, heralding the end of 67 years of providing specialist employment opportunities for thousands of disabled people.
The “callous and thoughtless” coalition government terminated its financial support for Remploy in the wake of a government commissioned report. The report, led by the then chief executive of the disability charity Radar Liz Sayce (now Disability Rights UK), found that the £25,000 a year average subsidy would be better spent supporting disabled people into mainstream employment.
However, GMB’s research has revealed how most of the ex-Remploy staff are still struggling to find jobs, despite a growing jobs market. Those who have been able to find jobs are mostly working shorter hours and for less pay, say GMB.
The recommendations made in the Sayce review to end segregated employment has left many disabled people feeling more “depressed and isolated” than ever before.
Despite honest intentions (supposedly), closing Remploy factories has resulted in thousands of disabled people being dumped in the dole queue.
Employers could remain reluctant to offer a job to disabled people for as long as they have plenty of able-bodied workers vying for an opportunity. Discrimination against disabled people has never really gone away.
National officer Jerry Nelson said: “It is now one year since the final day of the Remploy factory closures.
“Over 2,700 disabled workers had their lives destroyed by this government’s callous and thoughtless attack on the disabled workers, who relied on their employment to maintain their sense of independence, working in an environment of protected equality.”
“The factories were a sheltered environment and for many of these workers it was their only connection with life outside of their own homes.”
Kate Green MP, Labour’s Shadow Minister for Disabilities said the reports findings show how the Tory-led government has ” has broken its promise to help former Remploy workers”.
She added: “Just one in 20 disabled people have found a job thanks to the failed Work Programme while ministers have cut the number of specialist disability employment advisers in Jobcentres by 20 per cent.
“Labour is committed to delivering justice for former Remploy workers and disabled workers across the country by introducing a Work Support programme to give more disabled people the chance to find a job.”
A spokesman for the Department for Work and Pension said: “Disabled people deserve the same employment choices as everyone else – rather than being consigned to work in segregated and loss-making factories.
“A comprehensive 18-month support package, worth £8m, was provided for those made redundant.
“Since last year, over 80% of ex-Remploy workers have found jobs or are receiving specialist employment support and training to help them find one.”
Fred1new
- 02 Nov 2014 21:34
- 48986 of 81564
GF.
I think that is an over priced con as is the suggestion of glucosamine from Haze.
The beneficial effect due to the payment, suggestion, placebo effect or normal wax and wane of the disorder.
Anybody on a "normal" diet in the country does not need supplements, unless suffering from a few specific malabsorption disorders, which would be better appropriately diagnosed and treated.
The same vitamins could be from chewing Vit B complex tablets, a yeast pill and a chewing the soft end of a chicken bone or gristle on another bone.
Sorry Gf.
Haystack
- 02 Nov 2014 21:36
- 48987 of 81564
Miliband may end up even more unpopular than Michael Foot. He was another leader with an image problem. He turned up at remembrance day at the Cenotaph in a duffle coat.
Fred1new
- 02 Nov 2014 21:37
- 48988 of 81564
DC>
I could not recall your reply and I stand reprimanded and hopefully appropriately.
========
Haystack
- 02 Nov 2014 21:40
- 48989 of 81564
Correction.
It was a donkey jacket. It could so easily have been Miliband.
doodlebug4
- 02 Nov 2014 21:44
- 48990 of 81564
Appropriately named Donkey jacket.
dreamcatcher
- 02 Nov 2014 21:44
- 48991 of 81564
Accepted Fred :-))
goldfinger
- 02 Nov 2014 21:45
- 48992 of 81564
Fred think you have put your finger on the problem, it is the diet of a lot of the sufferers that is the problem.
I have read a few books on the subject and it appears it is more likely a diabetic will get neuropathy problems. Drinking can also play a part.
B12 is prescribed as is Benfotiamine by herbalists.
Some say it does work.
dreamcatcher
- 02 Nov 2014 21:45
- 48993 of 81564
Can he read from that far back ? :-))
Haystack
- 02 Nov 2014 22:03
- 48995 of 81564
http://metro.co.uk/2014/11/02/man-treats-daughters-rapist-to-dinner-burns-genitals-with-tongs-and-tortures-him-to-death-4932170/
A man allegedly invited his daughter’s rapist to his house for dinner before torturing him to death.
He cooked the 45-year-old married man dinner on Friday night before overpowering him, bounding him to a chair and burning his genitals with heated tongs, say police.
The furious father, 36, allegedly strangled the man to death in a murder plot which had been planned since his 14-year-old daughter was sexually abused two months ago.
The incident took place in Northeast Delhi’s Khajuri Khas area.
After the murder he walked into a police station and confessed to the killing – giving a gruesome account of how he tortured the man.
He said he did not approach the police out of fear that neighbours and relatives would blame his daughter for the incident.
A police spokesperson said: ‘Based on his statement, we sent a team to the spot and recovered the body. It has been sent for a post-mortem examination and his family has been informed. A case of murder has been registered and the 36-year-old man was arrested.’
Fred1new
- 02 Nov 2014 22:06
- 48996 of 81564
Whatever turns you on comes to mind!
MaxK
- 02 Nov 2014 23:03
- 48997 of 81564
The papers keep suggesting the wee Sturgeon getting into bed with Millibandus to form the next coalition gov.
Can anyone see this happening, and what would be the lightly outcome?
doodlebug4
- 02 Nov 2014 23:08
- 48998 of 81564
The likely outcome might be some rather ugly offspring! Sturgeon will do whatever she thinks is best for the SNP.
Haystack
- 02 Nov 2014 23:13
- 48999 of 81564
It won't produce an overall net figure more than Labour plus SNP last time. The balance would be shifted that's all.
In 2010 it was
labour 258
SNP 6
That overall figure of 264 is not enough to form a government. It would still need the Libs to make a majority.
Don't forget that the Conservatives got 307
goldfinger
- 03 Nov 2014 00:20
- 49000 of 81564
It would be superb and move labour further to the left as per the real socialists are wanting and Hays is wrong it would be a fair majority, he is forgetting the drift to UKIP on the right.
Some analys are predicting as manys as 40 seats for UKIP at the GE but a more realistic amount is around 20 or just over as discussed on newsnight a couple of weeks ago.
In fact id go as far as saying Labour and the SNP together would be better than an overal majority for labour, just my thoughts but Labour have needed a kick back to the left for a few years now. Blairs new Labour as served its purpose.
TANKER
- 03 Nov 2014 08:15
- 49001 of 81564
Now MP's expenses records are SHREDDED amid accusations authorities are trying to avoid any further scrutiny of claims
Records of expenses claims, receipts and correspondence deleted
Destruction of pre-2010 records ends speculation over more prosecutions
Documents are routinely being destroyed after three years
Details of the practice emerged after concerns raised over MPs' claims
nice to see you back gf the thread is dead without you
goldfinger
- 03 Nov 2014 08:31
- 49002 of 81564
How do TANKER, cheers mate.
The thing is tho the newspaper? that highlited the scandal you mention have craftily kept all the CDs/DVDs with all the records on that the government? wanted to shred.
So its not all over as the powers that be think it is.
goldfinger
- 03 Nov 2014 08:33
- 49003 of 81564
It was on SKY news 'look at the newspapers' last night and I thought well done guys at that newspaper. Very crafty.
goldfinger
- 03 Nov 2014 08:34
- 49004 of 81564
Think its the Telegraph.